Sunday, 21 August 2011

Revealing Comments

I was on the phone at my desk in the open plan office, having a conversation with a lady who was waiting for an operation and consequently in some pain. "Oh, poor you," I sympathised. She went into some detail on the nature of the afflicted body part and how frustrating it was waiting for the medical profession to fix it. "Awww," I offered by way of response. And "Oh dear." I made noises indicative of my understanding and empathy.

While I was having this conversation a bad tempered male colleague at a nearby desk muttered "God, she sounds like she's having an orgasm," before gathering up his things and presumably moving to a less distracting part of the building.

Leaving aside the whole inappropriateness of this comment, I couldn't help but be amused by the unwittingly high level of intimate detail it revealed. As I later pointed out, I was making sounds of sympathy and concern and if that was what he usually heard, if that was what he thought an orgasm sounded like, then this was a pitiful state of affairs and he had been seriously misled by the women in his life.

6 comments:

Jay said...

This blogging lark is getting to be a bit of a habit isn't it.

Sex Toy Boy said...

He he that made me laugh, it is odd how many women there are who don't seem to get the satisfaction they need and have to resort to faking orgasms. Mind you, I'm a guy and I've faked one or two i my time, convincingly I hope!

Jackie Adshead said...

That's making me smile! Perhaps he needs empathy and sympathetic concern to get himself to orgasm.... come on now, you can do it.....there's a good boy!

stareintotheabyss said...

Very clever girl

skippysays said...

LOL. I feel bad for the women he's been with :)
http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Yep, I reckon he's probably crap in bed!