Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Luka's Christmas Present

As you can see, I have spared no amount of time or expense in creating a wonderfully festive blog post for you, my loyal reader.

It's that time of year again when I like to pause a while and take stock of the year just passed and the future unspooling before me.

Then I like to have a drink or two to take the edge off it all.

Live in the present, that's my advice. It is the only way to be happy. Let the past rest easy in its grave and future lie cocooned in its womb. This, after all, is why Christmas, Yuletide, the Mid-Winter Solstice is such an important, longstanding part of our culture. You need one day out of the year to just enjoy the moment. To eat, drink and be merry and not give a toss that tomorrow you'll be fat, hungover and broke. A day of not dwelling on the consequences of eating an entire tin of Quality Street nor remembering what happened last time, just going for it in the spirit of immediacy. This is the real joy of Christmas, I feel.

So, raise your glass in a toast to the here and now. Merry Christmas you lot!

12 comments:

Tom Allen said...

Yay! I've now got some new desktop wallpaper.

Thanks so much, Luka. Happy holidays to you, too.

asian dyna said...

Nice. Great read.
Cheers,
Dyna :)
www.asiandyna.wordpress.com

Dangerous Lilly said...

That is a seriously impressive piece of lingerie. It does fabulous things for your breasts. Gorgeous!!

Heff said...

LOVE the outfit. Now I need a drink...

Ceeej said...

And a Merry Christmas to you too, now I think I need a lie down in a quiet room ;)

Some Chilean Woman said...

That's why I like you, life is about indulging and enjoying the simple pleasures. No indulging, no curves, no fun.

Merry Christmas, beautiful.

nursemyra said...

you look wonderful

PateInduced said...

Here! Here! I'll drink to that ... Da**, where's that glash. +"Glub"+
... Wait ... I wash' ent drinking white? ... Sniff. Sniff. Oh, ... noooooo...

Don't miss out on the fun. Just remember ... The bosses party isn't the same as fishing in a boat ;)

Walker said...

Now that's what I call a bountiful Christmas wish.
Cheers dear

Sulpicia said...

Merry Christmas, Luka. XS

Happy said...

Hubba Hubba

Tbh we're mostly just glad to see you post something - the picture was an unexpected snd exceedingly pleasant bonus.

Now, where did I put that gift-wrapped bottle of baby oil?

Luka said...

Thank you all, my lovelies.

I hope your festivities went well and all is looking good for the New Year.

Let's all have a drink and a cuddle under the pile of coats upstairs.