Sunday, 8 August 2010

Reasons to be Cheerful

While my real life has been eventful, stressful and a great big steaming pile of donkey doo lately there are many ways in which things could be worse. I am grateful for my good health, good looks and the continued well-being of my loved ones. I am also glad that:
  1. My friends are so clever. But then I wouldn't befriend a dullard.
  2. Pear cider is on special offer at the moment.
  3. I still have all my shoes.
  4. I have an emergency Cadbury's Flake in the kitchen cupboard.
  5. I still find a lot to laugh about, every day.
  6. I do not have a pet hair allergy.
  7. I have tomorrow off.
  8. I live when and where I do.
  9. The Shawshank Redemption is such a good film.
  10. Cats are quite small.
What would you add to the list?

8 comments:

Helga Hansen said...

How odd... I have the same emergency Flake lurking in my cupboard. Have you tried strawberry cider - I've being lured back into having a weekend tipple, all thanks to the pink stuff.

Glad you've still got your shoes, L - your blog wouldn't be the same without your sexy shoes!!

Old and past it said...

I am glad that:

Toy Story 3 is as good as 1 and 2 (and to my mind has superior prison break action to Shawshank)

Cows smell so good


One can always improve one's mood a little by putting on clean socks

Cadburys brought out the white flake in dark chocolate

One Woman's Thoughts said...

Interesting thoughts on cheerful appreciation, love the one about shoes!

Hmmm,I'm cheerful for
. . . people that love me for who I am and not who they think I should be.
. . . having painted my toenails a Tiffany Blue for summer fun.
. . . for being a hugger, even to people I don't know well. The hugs have been received well.
. . . being able to enjoy my own company.

Anna said...

Cheese.

nursemyra said...

... I've got good friends to play mah jong with

Carlo said...

Cool! Now I'm excited to used my new penis extensions that bought last week. :D

Walker said...

I'm cheerful because this years herb crop was a good one HA HA HA

Holmes - SASM said...

I'd have to add: White wine doesn't stain my lips or teeth.