Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Thank You for the Laughter

The Gift of Laughter. There is no finer thing to bring to anyone.

Sometimes people make me laugh intentionally. These are usually the people I love the most.

Sometimes people make me laugh unintentionally. These are usually the people I blog about.

Regardless, they all bring me great joy and for that I thank them. In song.


I'm something special, in fact I'm entirely unique
If I write a post, you'll probably laugh for a week
Cos I have a talent, a wonderful thing
Cos everyone reads my anarchic writing
I'm ungrateful and rude
I don't care if I'm cheered or I'm booed

So I say
Thank you for the laughter, the blogs I'm reading
Thanks for all the jokes they're seeding
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would my blog be?
Just reviews and nude photos of me?
So I say thank you for the laughter
For giving it to me

Mother says I was a blogger before I could type
She said I was self obsessed long before all the hype
And I've often wondered, how did it all start
Who found out that nothing can make egos smart
Like some mockery can?
Well, whoever it was, I'm a fan

So I say
Thank you for the laughter, the twats who got cross
Thanks for all their pompous pathos
Who can live without them, I ask in all honesty
Where would they be?
Without a strop or a flounce over me?
So I say thank you for the laughter
For giving it to me


11 comments:

Glasjay said...

*standing ovation*

Helga Hansen said...

Brava! And thank *you* for the laughter... may 2010 be filled with many chuckles, snorts and manic giggles! xx

ceeej said...

Wot they said...

And may I be the first to say, in a festive sort of Lesley Philips way...

Ding dong.....

Dangerous Lilly said...

cute :)

and i freakin love that curl

Sulpicia said...

Thank YOU for the laughter. It feels like years now. And you are so damn cute. Remember that if I get to England you've thrown out an invitation... Not sure if it was gin or red wine or scotch... Chocolate? A garden? Hedonism, anyway.

Merry times for you and yours...

Walker said...

Thank you for the laughter

Merry Christmas and I hope Santa gets you what you desire and you give him his ;)

Boxer said...

I'm still out here sending you big xoxox for a wonderful Holiday and New Year.

Carnalis said...

many many thank yous back xx

Jackie Adshead said...

And thanks for all the laughter you've given with your insight into the ludicrous - I know I can always rely on you for your keen wit and sense of deliciously wicked humour to amuse and delight

Happy said...

I feel humbled to think that I considered responding to this in rhymic form

you are truly the Mistress

xx

Luka said...

Glasjay - *bows*

Helga - I'll drink to that.

Ceeej - heh, I do like a Lesley Philips style ding dong.

Dangerous Lilly - ah, well, you know the rhyme (it's very apt): There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
When she was good she was very very good
And when she was bad she was horrid.

Sulpicia - It is years now! I am a Long Term Blogger. The invite stands, whatever it was for.

Walker - I was not disappointed when Santa came (though it's a shame it was down the chimney).

Boxer - hooray! Hope yours is going well too x

Carnalis - you are most welcome!

Jackie - I am a constant feature of the sex blogging landscape these days.

Happy - *kisses*