Monday, 3 November 2008

I Am Returned, Big and Broken

My eyes feel gritty. I think sleep could well be the answer to that particular problem.

I have had a long, long, long weekend.

I have hurt my back, and I suspect it was from jumping to the left in ridiculous heels whilst doing the Timewarp again.

I can't even think about how much food and drink I have consumed. My wobbly bits have developed bulges which have started to sag a bit and that can't be a good sign.

My costume was not quite as I envisaged. The fishnet body stocking was good, but the thing about fishnet is it snags on absolutely everything. Try fixing a garment involving hooks and eyes over the top of one and you will see what I mean. I ended up with most of the contents of my lingerie drawer hanging off me as I cried and fruitlessly tried to unhook them from the fishnet without ripping great big holes in it. I failed, of course, having no patience whatsoever, so decided to embrace the big fuck off ladders and holes as part of the gothic charm of my halloween outfit.

When I finally finished dressing the look was more Betty Boobs than Betty Boop. My husband said "I feel like I should be winding down the car window and offering you money". I gave him an eloquent look. "I'm not saying that's a bad thing!"

The party was fun, and my houseguests stayed all weekend. Every time I went into the kitchen some wonderful new meal had been prepared and was waiting for me on the table. The fridge was always full of wine and cheese.

I really should do something healthy now to detox, but I feel somewhat knackered. Instead I shall sit on my arse for a bit and see if anyone fancies a peek at the party photos. Interested?

8 comments:

Lynsey said...

Uh ... yes!

Helga Hansen said...

Of course... tease! I knew you were having a party this weekend, but I didn't realise it was a P-A-R-T-Y!

An Artist Exposed said...

The people have spoken - bring on the party pics!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to see the pics as soon as you mentioned fishnet..

Baby said...

I had a hard time trying to type "Yes, I wanna see party pics!" because I couldn't stop laughing over the Betty Boobs bit - hysterical!!!! :D Hope you get some sleep to heal up the aches and eyes ....

Luka said...

Thank you, all, I shall post some images for your delectation tomorrow!

Walker said...

Gopthic is good now if you could post a few pics we could see how good you looked ;)

EmmaK said...

ooh you little tease...bring on the party pics!