Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Musical Box

I am working on a playlist. My halloween playlist. It's fucking amazing. Each year it just gets better and better.

I am one of those annoying people who won't let anybody else touch the music system at parties. But then again, that's fair, as most of the time what other people want to put on is a load of old wank that would clear a dance floor quicker than announcing the buffet's open.

While I may ring the changes with new additions to the playlist from party to party, there are some songs on which you can rely. It is a given that come the end of the night, full of wine and emotion, there will come a soulful rendition of Town Without Pity and/or No More "I Love You"s. Much like the National Anthem playing at the end of transmission on TV, this is a useful musical cue and after the requisite token resistance I allow myself to be put to bed.

I can't possibly be alone in this. What's your end-of-the party drunken singalong song?

10 comments:

daisyfae said...

"Words" by the BeeGees. Once used Over the Rainbow, but the gay boy cried.... (hangs head in shame...)

EmmaK said...

Thats neat thats neat thats neat thats neat I really love your tiger feet thats right thats right thats right thats right i really love your tiger light...
YOUR TIGER LIGHT!!!

vomit on shoes

Helga Hansen said...

Who you gonna call? Ghost Busters!!

Chosen specially for the party... thanks for the invite! ;)

Baby said...

R- E - S - P - E - C - T.... (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)

OHHHH and Happy Belated Birthday! By the way, what kind of chocolates (chocolate fanatic inquiry).... :)

Anonymous said...

Madeleine Peyroux singing Dance Me To the End of Love--great song--total fav.

Care to dance love? :-)
Beau

Trixie said...

When I used to live in Oz, it used to be 'Echo Beach'. They used to always play that last in the night clubs. Helped we lived on the coast.

Walker said...

"Bye Bye Bye" as I hold the door open LOL

Carnalis said...

I met my love by the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream by the old canal
I kissed my girl by the factory wall
Dirty old town
Dirty old town
Dirty old town
Dirty old town

It was always the last song played at the end of our youthful parties. Or the Irish Rover, if someone demanded another.

Freddy said...

Hey YA

but in my days as a teenaged DJ it was 'Goodnight' from the White Album. I was soooo cool.

Plus I will always have a soft spot for 'Gimme Gimme Gimme (a man after midnight)'. I'd post the link to my blog if it weren't closed for refurbishment

Luka said...

Daisyfae - Over the Rainbow can have that effect at the end of a long night.

Emma - you are my party twin!

Helga - aww, good choice!

Baby - thank you kindly. The choccies consisted of a box of Ferrero Rocher and another of Thornton's Finest. I nommed the lot.

Beau - I'd love to dance, and I will!

Trixie - ah, that is a favourite of my husband.

Walker - hehe - like it.

Carnalis - that track brings back memories!

Freddy - good tracks, all :)