It would be so easy to let the glitzy lifestyle and glittering comments go to my head.
So I periodically remind myself that not everyone thinks I'm great. Some people think I am a colossal twat and are not afraid to say so.
Here are some of my favourite arsey comments from the archives:
- Don't you just love the way that a post - nay, a blog - that targets blog cliquiness has managed to build its own clique of resolutely non-cliquey folk, busily deriding every perceived clique, other than, er, that is, their own. Ironic.
- Defensive responses merely seek to confirm your role as someone who may indeed have A Levels in insensitivity, Thatcharism and general all-around nastiness.
- You're a terrible writer.
- Have you ever considered writing out your blogreading requirements and issuing them to bloggers in advance? Surely this would help with the clearly onerous and unrewarding task of having to force your way through disappointing writing.
I'm sure if people knew what your requirements were, they would strive to meet them, because after all, the petulant reader should never be neglected.
Alternatively, you could try getting out more.
- wank me off
- If you really want to do this sort of thing properly, why not try the pub car park at closing time? It would be more dignified ...
- Yawn. Another insecure twatess smugly showing her ego to the world.
- That's the risk one takes when associates with ungracious brats.
- Ad Hominem? Oh, I'm sorry, I've obviously misunderstood. I've seen so many personal attacks on here over the months I thought it was the done thing. Clearly, the rules are not what they would appear. Not for me, in any case.