Friday, 27 June 2008

World of Pain

Pain needs to be balanced with pleasure.

Things in Luka's Boudoir are unbalanced right now. My pain/pleasure divide is uneven.

At the moment it is hard to give me pleasure, I know. Even a hug can make me wince, while a playful slap on the arse makes my nerve endings sing Ave Maria. Spontaneous physical attention is banned from the Boudoir until further notice. It's just not worth the screaming and sobbing and wretched cries of "what the fuck did you do that for?"

I cannot bend and flex and throw my heels above my head. I cannot twist or turn or dismount athletically. I move very, very carefully and weep with frustration and lack of sleep.

The pain and the tiredness spins my mood endlessly, uncontrollably. One moment I am a brave soldier, the next I am full of blubbering self-pity and comfort-eating all the biscuits. But sometimes, sometimes I am a vicious ratbag, bristling with venomous spines, and those times lead to excellent blog posts.

This isn't one of those times.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You come first, darlin' --forget us until you're better--wish I could analgize you, sweetie--But I'll buy you a lot of biscuits if that'll help.

love
Beau

Luka said...

Beau - as if I could forget you! Biscuits always help, as does alcohol. I'm not planning on going anywhere, just wanted to share the misery! :)

Anonymous said...

Gentle hug from me to you, darlin' and all the biscuits you can eat :-)

And some good ale too ;-)

B.

Helga Hansen said...

Aaawwww... I can honestly say I feel your pain... I'm feeling like someone has forgotten to oil my joints, and while I'm a young 40, I feel 90! Thank goodness for industrial strength ibuprofen and paracetamol, eh?

Get better soon, okay?

Ro said...

This reminds me of just how lucky I am.

Take care, take it easy, keep on using the PES, sorry, TENS machine and here's hoping this passes very soon.

Anonymous Boxer said...

One word: acupuncture.

Even in pain, you're fab.

Take care of yourself.

bittersweet said...

save your energies, sweet Luka x and i hope you sleep better tonight

EmmaK said...

darling, hugs, if I were you I'd gently sip sherry all day while watching old weepy movies until the pain went away. xx

Amy said...

*packs up the tequila and limes*

*hops the next flight*

I'm so sorry Luka. Feel better soon.

xoAmy

Luka said...

Beau - your gentle hugs combined with biscuits and booze are the best pain relief imagineable :)

Helga - it's just not fair, is it? Someone said to me today "getting older's not for wimps" and she had a point! Thank you x

Ro - I am permanently wired to electrodes. Which is nice. I am going to try it while drinking wine tonight and will report back.

Anonymous Boxer - I am bewildered as to how to find a proper, good one and not some mentalist with a pin cushion.

Bittersweet - if I could lie pillowed on one of your amazing cakes, or something similar, I am sure all would be healed. x

Emma - that's a fucking good idea!

Amy - *watches skies hopefully* Thank you my lovely, I am feeling much perkier x

Anonymous Boxer said...

I can't agree more - but if you ask/check referrals on line, call a naturopath .. it could be worth it.

Luka said...

Anonymous Boxer - I shall check it out :)

Anonymous said...

Luka darlin' good! I'm happy you are paying heed to Boxer--acupuncture can relieve an enormous amount of pain. Until then, keep eating those biscuits and drinking sherry.

my love
Beau

Rex Venom said...

Endure and heal.
Hope things improve soon.
Rock on!

Luka said...

Beau - I am on the wine, but the effect is just as pleasurable.

Rex Venom - thank you, I am doing just that. I love that name, by the way!