Sunday, 22 June 2008

Lucre for Luka - Appeal Update!

Some of you may remember the unfortunate mess I got myself into financially at Nr McNobby's Corner Shop and the resulting appeal that ensued.

Since then several of you have emailed to ask where the current total stands and if there is any likelihood of seeing a bare arse or two yet?

I have to say that after a promising start the donations did somewhat dwindle. I received enough buttons to enable me to fashion my very own Pearly Queen outfit and a few sweets, some of which had no fluff on at all, but very little hard currency. Granted, the foreign coins have proved useful when confronted by donation tin rattling chuggers outside the supermarket but my scratch card and pork pie habit remain unsupported.

This is why the running totals graphic I originally intended to have proudly on display next to my PayPal button has never appeared. It is too demotivating to watch the total actually move downwards as the sweets are consumed.

However, despair not arse fans! I am going to get all my bloggy chums who pledged to bare their buttocks for my worthy cause to do so anyway and just say I reached my target, cos I really am that popular and the appeal was that successful. You'll never know the difference. It'll probably be on a Thursday, and my pals may not specifically mention me and bang on about HNT or something instead, but they are really doing it for the Lucre for Luka appeal. Really.

9 comments:

bittersweet said...

my butt is at your service .. although i fear it may be overexposed by now.

Helga Hansen said...

I'd offer, but I can't be arsed. I'd rather make a tit of myself...

tinaslut said...

Just found your great blog somehow and wanted to say hello... hope you're well and enjoying life. I sure am.

tina from Sweden

Luka said...

Bittersweet - I like having your butt at my disposal, exposed or otherwise.

Helga - you know where your best assets are...

Tina from Sweden - hello! Thanks for dropping by - I am indeed well and enjoying life. Glad you are too.

Trixie said...

I don't think anybody would want to see my fat arse! I'll just enjoy the views of others!

Luka said...

Trixie - well *I* want to see it, so hah!

Freddy said...

That pointy stick in the corner of your office just got too tempting again didn't it!!

Anonymous Boxer said...

"Butts for Bucks" bwahahahah.....

I'll be back.

Luka said...

Freddy - some days I think I will just have to fall on it.

Anonymous Boxer - I knew you would.