Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Literary Luka

The delightful and alluring Ms R has tagged me for a meme. Normally I ignore memes, but this one proves I do own a book with more words than pictures, dammit. So I'm doing it.

WHAT ARE YOU READING?

The rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

To be honest, the nearest book would be the Yellow Pages, but I thought that would prove a tad on the tedious side. I also ignored the colouring book, Puzzler and Insects and Wildlife of the British Countryside.

There is one book, however, that always remains within easy reach, on my desk.

2. Open to page 123.

Okey Dokey.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

"Oh," said Sir Clifford.

4. Post the next three sentences.

"Here Mellors, this will make you feel better, have a pull at this," and passed him his brandy flask.

Mellors pulled the flask. "I'm pulling it, Sir Clifford, but nothing's happening."


5. Tag five people

I tag Bittersweet, Jasmine, Grundy, Helga and Ro.

I think the blogosphere is just gagging to know whether you own a book that has a page 123.

9 comments:

Jackie Adshead said...

And I expected the book within easy reach on your desk was going to be your diary..... "Dear diary, today I smiled sweetly at the gardener whilst having a leek in the garden"!

Luka said...

Ah, Jackie, the meme said a book, not a soap opera :)

Ms Robinson said...

Geek lawyer has given us some law reports and Emma K has supplied an eating guide for children. It is rather a good meme. Thank you for being grown up and leaving the kids in the playground alone for a day Luka.

Walker said...

They make books with more than 123 pages?!
Next you're going to tell us they store them in big building where people could go and borrow them.

Luka said...

Ms R - it was a pleasure. But I'll be back in the sandpit tomorrow :)

Walker - even I couldn't make up something so outlandish.

Helga Hansen said...

'Tis done. Thanks for the tag. Sorry I didn't tag anyone.

bittersweet said...

i have a book .. somewhere ;)

Luka said...

Helga - no worries, tagging is not compulsory!

Bittersweet - I am quite sure you can find something entertaining by your bedside.

Ro said...

Mostly done - I will also confess right up front that I too opted out of the tagfest. My circle of readers is too small ... maybe I should make efforts to change that?

If reading be the food of love, read on ...