Tuesday, 25 March 2008

MeMeMeMeMemoir

You know how I feel about these things.

The one doing the rounds at the moment is a Six Word Memoir, where you attempt to sum up the essence of yourself in just those few words.

Reading the results has been entertaining. I like the pretentious efforts from the intellectual, literary wannabes who have used phrases like "dark maelstrom lost in the abyss". Which tickled me.

I also enjoyed seeing how many ways people could cheat. There were those who pondered several versions before settling on a final one, thereby effectively writing a 24 word memoir, rather than the required 6. There were others who wrote word-bustin', meme-lovin', hyphen-abusing, 12 word memoirs instead, and still others who did the meme twice, on different blogs. It says something about the swollen egos of bloggers that they just cannot whittle themselves down to a meagre six words. They have to bloat themselves somehow. Most amusing.

So, when Bittersweet Me tagged me to see what I would do to a Six Word Memoir meme I knew I would be hard pressed to make it any funnier than those.

So in the end I decided to just flick the Vs to the whole thing and fuck everyone off with:

"Better than you in every way".

Oh, and I tag...er... everyone.

17 comments:

Ms Robinson said...

Am having better sex than everyone

Luka said...

Ms R - I like it! Succinct and annoying!

Vi said...

Mine would be 'cant be fucked with memes anymore'

Luka said...

Vi - ooooh, that's good!

Helga Hansen said...

Mine is "Thank goodness no one picked me"!!

bittersweet me said...

lol at MsR, and Hurrah!!!!!

*blushing* at being caught cheating with multiple versions, even if i denied them, but doing different ones on different blogs is something else ... boooooo

any time you want to be tickled, luscious Luka ....

Luka said...

Helga - clever!

Bittersweet Me - my ticklish places are here...and here...and...just...there...

Ro said...

Direct, crystal clear, confident and self-assertive.

You have just read my six(ish) word barbed comment :)

Luka said...

Ro - Thank you! I#m not going to pick up on the use of a hyphen, as you could have said something much ruder in just one word but chose not to :)

Ro said...

And I did say sixish rather than six ...

Luka said...

Ro - you did indeed. Have a muffin.

EmmaK said...

mine is:
Cucumbers, for sex, not just for tzatziki

cept that's seven
fuck

Freddy said...

Mine? Please forgive the fact that there are effectively two versions....

"The best sex you've (n)ever had"

Luka said...

Emma - I reckon you could knock out that second "for" and still have it work. Ah, cucmbers...the glory days...

Freddy - clever. Have a muffin.

Freddy said...

Luka - I've told you before about your elocution...
and it's you that gets muffed, not me.
Unless of course...

Freddy said...

PS - what Time Zone is the Boudoir in?

Luka said...

Freddy - the Twilight Zone.