Thursday, 7 February 2008

Bottom Drawer

The bottom drawer has been closed for too long.

The items within lie in chaotic abandon. Silk stockings entangled together in sensuous knots. Froths of lace swirl over blood red pools of satin while black basques and bustiers butt up against ivory frills and french knickers. Perfume and pearls, lipstick and lingerie. My luxuries, those exotic items I keep for best, save for special. What is it exactly, I wonder, that I'm waiting for?

It has been too long since I opened that drawer. Too long since I dallied in this decadent dressing up box. The long, cold winter leads me to open the top drawer instead, the repository of comfortable knickers, functional bras and cosy socks. I pick up pyjamas in preference to the cool satin nightdress, left puddled in the drawer below.

I must re-open the bottom drawer. I suspect I have left my sensuality somewhere around here and that seems as good a place to begin looking as any.

15 comments:

bittersweet me said...

Your sensuality is never in doubt, oh sexy vibrant Luka, but stockings rarely fail to bring out a certain grrrrr of satisfaction.

Anonymous Boxer said...

as if "you" could be contained by a drawer. Ha!

What a lovely pile of lovelies you have at your disposal.

Sulpicia said...

May I suggest a top drawer par-tay?

Curvaceous Dee said...

Enquiring minds would like to know: what do you keep in the middle drawer??

xx Dee

2 Dollar Productions said...

That's the worst part about winter - bottom drawers tend to stay mostly closed.

Luka said...

Me - I shall try this and see if I hear a "grrrr".

Anonymous Boxer - my drawers are overflowing, it's true!

Sulpicia - I am always open to par-tay suggestions.

Dee - the middle drawer is home to strappy tops and sex toys.

2 Dollar Productions - I quite agree, it is so hard to reach for the skimpies when it's cold outside.

Walker said...

You don't need to open the bottom drawer, just pull them down ;)

freddyuncle said...

I like the sound of the middle drawer...

Flowering Jasmine said...

I know things are bad......yesterday i was so past caring i wore a white bra with black knickers. The shame!
x

Luka said...

Walker - I may give that a go and see if it helps.

Freddy - I thought you would...

Jasmine - oh, imagine the shame if you'd had to go to hospital! I am sure your white bra and black knickers would still look classy in comparison with my curry stained t-shirt and mega-pants x

Ms Robinson said...

I am wearing pyjamas with Busy Bees on them. I don't care anymore.

Luka said...

Ms R - you may not, but I do! Are they brushed cotton? Are the bees realistic or cartoony? I am quite sure they still look more alluring than my t-shirt and mega-pants....

Ms Robinson said...

Brushed cotton and cartoony. I will put them on my blog maybe this week.

Freddy said...

Ms Robinson said...
Brushed cotton and cartoony. I will put them on my blog maybe this week.


Freddy said...
Perhaps we should start a PMT (Pyjama Monday Thread) or BINA (Bloggers in Night Attire - that would include those who sleep au naturelle)
:-)

Luka said...

Ms R - you should, they will inspire people to blog for your good cause!

Freddy - that's actually not a bad idea :)