Saturday, 3 November 2007

Now

There is something I should tell you
There is something wrong with me
There is something I am lacking
It's called Virtue Deficiency.

I'm not very good at waiting
I'm not happy hanging round
I'm not content with later
I am Impatient, I have found.

There are meek souls who wait in line
There are some who won't pursue
There are those who bide their time
And wouldn't dream of jumping queue.

Not me, I'm tired of forbearance
Not me, I hate being "good"
Not me, I'm not rewarded
For any attempts at sainthood.

Don't tell me more will come later
Don't tell me I ought to wait
Don't tell me, I can't hear you
You took too long, now it's too late.

8 comments:

Anonymous Boxer said...

Amen, Sister, Amen.

Sulpicia said...

Patience...bah! Who needs it. Enough people in the world to keep the line-ups going. 1. 2. 3. JUMP.

Marcelle Manhattan said...

My mother once said to me: "The flip side of ambition is patience. You have the first; you need to work on the second."

Your post describes exactly what I'm feeling about so many things right now.

Luka said...

Anonymous Boxer - and can I get a "hallelujah"? For I have pushed to the front and got what's mine!

Sulpicia - patience is only useful in certain circumstances. Hunting gazelle, defusing bombs, that sort of thing. Otherwise there's a lot to be said for just getting on with it.

Marcelle - your mother has a point. I suppose impatience is a symptom of modern living.

Freddy said...

Lord, grant me the gift of patience. Let me be aware of others needs and be prepared to wait as they resolve their issues. Let me be understanding of the fact that there may be people out there whose requirements take priority over mine. May I not rail against fate when my random opportunity comes later than I expected.
Lord,
grant me patience.











NOW!

bittersweet me said...

hallelujah! patience is one thing - making your self heard is another.

lol, Freddy. having a tough day?

Jackie Adshead said...

There's nothing wrong in that - it just depends how many of the meek you trample on to get to the front of the queue that matters. Are we talking single units or tens of thousands??

Luka said...

Freddy - :)

Me - yes. Patience to endure is all very well until you suddenly realise life shouldn't always be an endurance test.

Jackie - no meek were harmed in the making of this poem.