Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Faulty

I'm the woman that no one can fix
I've had every cure thrown in the mix
I've been prodded and scanned
Traipsed the length of the land
Climbed up walls in windowless clinics

I'm the woman that no one can fix
I've consulted shamen and medics
Though I've cried and they've tried
I'm still broken inside
It's a woefully small bag of tricks

All I have for my wounds are these licks
And medicinal gin and tonics
A placebo or two
Well what else can I do?
I'm the woman that no one can fix

8 comments:

Sulpicia said...

Good, then. That one is obvious. It's about me. Now, if you could remember to write something a little more specific in January, I would appreciate it very much. I might get through having the back of my neck cut open.

Oh - and I prefer scotch.

Wait - botch rhymes with scotch. That can't be good.

bittersweet me said...

unfixable, maybe, but exceedingly loveable.

having my cake said...

I think that could apply to an awful lot of women in despair at the incapability of some doctors!

Luka said...

Sulpicia - I shall do my best to keep that in mind when January arrives. Perhaps we should opt for "whisky" rather than "Scotch". Then we can rhyme it with "frisky" which is much more encouraging.

Me - Thank you, darling x

Cake - you are so right, sadly.

Freddy said...

I'm so sorry hun
i just couldn't find
the words to express my support
but i'm sure if you check
your site visitor stats
you'll see i came by
and spent some time
in vain attempt
to find the rhyme
that would say
in humorous way
i wish life were different for you


sadly I couldn't find the right words so i figured that it was better to just say something crass than say nothing at all........

Anonymous Boxer said...

Oh, I thought this was about me.

OK, but I agree with Cake.

Holly Goodhead said...

Have you tried chocolate?

Luka said...

Freddy - that made me smile.

Anonymous Boxer - she speaks the truth.

Holly Goodhead - hello and welcome aboard the Boudoir. I have indeed tried chocolate. Who hasn't?