Tuesday, 23 October 2007

Illustration

Last week I wrote a ditty called Cheer the Fuck Up!
There was some discussion in the comments box over whether "twat" rhymes with "hat" or not.

This led to Freddy writing some Dr Suess style doggerel of his own, based on the concept of the Twat in the Hat.
After I expressed my desire to see it illustrated Freddy commented "Sadly, my dear Luka, I can't draw. Maybe Puckrup could provide a suitable image, or images? Do you think there's a book deal in it?"

Puck responded that he was "very tempted to illustrate this one".
And, lo and behold, he has. A somewhat pyschopathic Twat in the Hat, I'll grant you, but it captures the spirit of the Boudoir, and what we try to do here, rather nicely.

So, which children's classic would you like to see alternatively illustrated?

11 comments:

EmmaK said...

What a brilliant illustration....the only wierd or sexy thoughts I've ever had about children's classics are me as Snow White having a massive gang bang with the Seven Dwarves. Could Puck illustrate that?

Anonymous Boxer said...

I have no idea at the moment, but this illustration is brilliant.

Freddy said...

I love it. As for the follow up, well, this is a rhyme remembered from childhood....


Little boy kneels at the foot of his bed
Lily white hands are clutching his head
Oh My! Couldn't be worse
Christopher Robin is shagging his nurse.

bittersweet me said...

i feel for that fish ...

what a fabulous illustration.

I have had the occasional subversive dream about Swallows and Amazons; guy ropes and walking the plank included.

Jackie Adshead said...

What about "The Princess and the pee" or better still - "The tale of Cock Robin"!!!

having my cake said...

Noddy and Big Ears...

logodisiac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
logodisiac said...

Let’s see what else Dr. Seuss has written for our pleasure...

Great Day for Up!
Hop on Pop
Foot Book
If I Ran the Zoo
There's a Wocket in My Pocket!

Luka said...

I shall pass on all of these excellent suggestions to the resident artist.

Angela-la-la said...

Biff and Chip and Kipper. Playing with Floppy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/magickey/characters.shtml

Ms Robinson said...

Alice in Wonderland sharing a spliff with the white rabbit.

Or Sooty and Sweep.