Saturday, 22 September 2007

The Bitch Is Back!

*Staggers into Boudoir wearing shades, a big hat and clutching a bottle of booze.*

*Presses play on CD player*:

"Did you miss me, yeah, while I was away, did you hang my picture on your wall?
Did you kiss me, yeah, every single day, although you couldn't kiss me at all?
And did you love me, yeah, like a good little girl, did you tell that naughty boy not to call?
Did you love me, yeah, in your own little world although you couldn't see me at all, although you couldn't see me at all?
Hello, Hello. It's good to be back, it's good to be back.
Hello, Hello. It's good to be back, it's good to be back."


*Dances in a glam rock strut sort of stylie*


*Has a bit of a sit down in a that-was-too-much-exercise-after a week-of-over-indulgence stylie*


As soon as I get unpacked and this bottle open I shall have a little peruse of the blogoverse to see what you've all been up to while I've been gadding about enjoying myself.

And then I shall take the piss out of it.

Hooray! I'm back!

14 comments:

The Man With Secrets said...

So that's your secret. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "up the Gary Glitter" ...

Ms Robinson said...

Freddy and I have collaborated on this dear Luka:


Freddy, Cake, Boxer, Ms R and Me,
They’re all so terribly sad you see
Since Luka took a little break
There’s not been much piss to take

And while they pine, lament and wait
For Luka’s next returning date
Those who fear the Barbed Boudoir
Sit waiting nervously in the noir

It won’t be long before she’s back
With wit and charm and damn good craic
To tickle, tease, prod and poke
The ones who struggle with a joke

Hello, hello, oh good she's back
Soon she'll be off on the attack
We'll laugh and cheer and say 'what fun'
Welcome back comic bitch Number One

Freddy said...

yay
welcome back
(two words that I don't believe will ever be spoken to the original singer of those lyrics)
am I the only one who remembers the comeback performance on Russell Harty? All stomp and pose interspersed with much huffing and puffing...

Freddy said...

PS is 'up the Gary Glitter' cockney rhyming slang for something?

oh and PPS - I cannot claim too much credit for the ode - my own version was a much poorer thing

Jackie Adshead said...

Delighted you're back to join us in the Land of Blog - with lemon drops at the ready, hopefully!

bittersweet me said...

*smile*

well done MsR and Freddy ... NOW i understand why you have been so busy 'in the office', Freddy
*wink wink*

having my cake said...

Bugger! Time to start behaving again :) As Peters and Lee would say 'Welcome Home'

Lady in red said...

omg freddy dont remind us, I had managed to forget RH ever existed

I would say welcome back but that would be just too plain nice. Of course some of us have cried copius tears in your absence but they are all dried up now cant even remember why so I shall just say its cos there was no one here each time I checked (thats my excuse anyway)

Sulpicia said...

WOO!

Anonymous Boxer said...

Oh, what Ms R said!

Woot!

Now post. It's been dreadful.

Although I had no idea Ms R was hiding some talents.

amy said...

Yay! You're back.

We moved while you were gone, leaving no forwarding address.

Well, actually, we did leave a forwarding address so please come visit.

Waynecoff said...

love it, x

Hazel said...

Welcome back :).

Luka said...

Man - my fondness for glam rock is no secret.

Ms R and Freddy - bless you, a poem for me! I love it, I shall hang it over the mantelpiece in the Boudoir, for my guests to admire. Thank you.

Jackie - I am fully recharged and raring to go.

Having My Cake - thank you muchly. Though I wouldn't worry too much about the behaving yourself thing.

Lady in Red - I am sure far more tears will be shed upon my return!

Sulpicia - indeed!

Anonymous Boxer - you are far too kind! I am quite sure Ms R has many, many other talents she has yet to share with us.

Amy - I spotted that and have changed my link to you accordingly.

Thank you, Waynecoff, and welcome to the Boudoir.

Hazel - thanks, it's good to be back!