Monday, 13 August 2007

A Lengthy Reply

The Man With Secrets said (in a comment on No Comment - A Tale of Two Bloggers)

"Don't you just love the way that a post - nay, a blog - that targets blog cliquiness has managed to build its own clique of resolutely non-cliquey folk, busily deriding every perceived clique, other than, er, that is, their own. Ironic. Just an observation. As our gorgeous hostess would say, needed saying, I think."

This is a blog that targets anything that stimulates me sufficiently to type about it. I am very liberal with my venom. It is not a limited resource. I wouldn't define the Boudoir as a blog that targets blog cliquiness, rather that this is a blog that targets certain cliquey behaviour from time to time. And, ultimately, of course, some cliques generate far more to point and laugh at than others.

I have yet to spot the Boudoir clique. Maybe it's so cliquey I'm not even in it. There are those that comment fairly regularly, but they tend to comment elsewhere as well. So far, to the best of my knowledge, there have been no Boudoir based posts about how we all want to live together in a meringue castle, with marshmallow clouds, and have fabulous sex with each other, in between writing our literary masterpieces. I'm checking the archives, but I haven't spotted a single reference to the Boudoir elite being an "inner circle" that none shall penetrate. Which is a shame, as I could do with a laugh. I shall ask the gimp to keep his eyes peeled, though, in case the clique are hiding under my bed, designing hilarious t-shirt slogans ("Boudoir Bitches!") or something.

When I do spot any derision-worthy behaviour you can rest assured I will be eagerly composing something barbed and fabulous, regardless of where it occurs.

17 comments:

Anonymous Boxer said...

Did he say clique? I thought that was the English word for "clit."

My bad.

Luka said...

An understandable error, Anonymous Boxer. Both are associated with cunts.

Freddy said...

about me?

gosh!

I'm honoured, but I really don't deserve it.

n said...

Bloody Hell, this is getting complicated for the uninformed. Am now thinking of keeping my comments to myself. Will in future choose to comment only on posts about sex, using only words such as 'mmmmm....' and 'that was hot' to avoid causing offence. x

Luka said...

N - No, don't worry! It's just me and The Man having our monthly debate on who's the biggest twat. He says it's him, I say it's me. Comments are a good thing. I welcome them, whether they agree with me or not. I think "mmmmm" and "That was hot" would be quite fun to use on non-sex posts, just to cause confusion.

n said...

Oh you've spoilt it now! That was what i *was* going to do! xx

Ms Robinson said...

Oh Luka let's be in a clique. Can we? Can we please?

And then when you write whimsical stuff like "The 8.23 to Brighton was late again and I only had broccoli int the fridge" I can write comments like "Wow Luka it's posts like that make you one of my favourite bloggers." And then we can all make sure that we blogroll exactly the same people and if anyone ever writes anything vaguely critical about you I will of course step in and defend you. And we will all defend each other and then we can have blogmeets *out of breath* and write cryptically about them on our blogs. *vomits*

Luka said...

N - don't let me stop you, do it anyway!

Ms Robinson - God, I thought you'd *never* fucking ask!

Jackie Adshead said...

With all these barbed comments and the overall pinkness I'm wondering if you'e actually "Barbie" in disguise, Luka??

Luka said...

Jackie - damn, rumbled!

bittersweet me said...

mmmmmm *fucking* hwat

Amy said...

Oh YAY can I be in your click? or clit? or whatever?

Ps mmMMmm that was so hot!

Amy said...

I decided to come back and post seriously about this. I've never read anything on this blog that made me feel like I was "out of the loop". Sometimes I'm not completely sure what you're talking about, but I don't feel like you're sending private messages to friends (aka a clique) that excludes me.

I *have* felt like that on other blogs. And of course, that's the blog writer's choice and I can see how it might be kind of fun and exciting in a juvenile kind of way (just joking)(sort of). But the downside is that it can make people feel unwelcome. I feel less interested in coming back to a blog that has that sort of posting, both because I have no clue what they are talking about AND because it makes me feel excluded.

Personally, as a blog writer, I LOVE it when new people come to the blog and post and let me know what they think about what we're writing and our pictures (I really think if people knew how great it was to hear their thoughts they would post a lot more). I don't want those people to feel like I'm writing the blog for a group of close friends. So I try not to write posts or make comments that might make someone feel that way.

Sorry, long-winded reply.

Luka said...

Me - hotter than a solar flare, baby.

Luka said...

Amy - thank you for your thoughtful reply. Never apologise for giving a response that shows you have given due consideration to a subject.

I'm very pleased you've never felt "out of the loop" here. Should I ever fail to engage or make anyone feel excluded I would have become what I deride and would hope someone would poke me with a virtual stick to alert me to my shortcomings.

Freddy said...

Luka said...
...hope someone would poke me with a virtual stick to alert me to my shortcomings

virtual? I'll make a pilgrimage with a real stick if it becomes necessary.

Luka said...

Freddy - are you sure that's really a stick you wish to poke me with?