Sunday, 15 July 2007

Blogging Award for Being so Exceptionally Great

Wow. Well, fuck me.

I've only gone and awarded myself an award.

On my stumbles around the blogoverse I have noticed these meme style awards cropping up in clusters like some kind of herpes outbreak. They are swapped back and forth within genre circles and are less to do with being awarded for great writing, than for being awarded to people who think you, personally, are great. An important distinction, as no one is going to hand it on to someone who has a widely differing set of values to themselves.

With that in mind, I have decided to create, after a gruelling 10 minutes in Paint Shop Pro, my very own award. I am going to hand it out at random and I don't give a fuck if you hand it on to another 5 bloggers or disregard it entirely. My award is going to recognise truly individual blogs, who offer a unique viewpoint and are not part of the common herd.

Viva La Revolution!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, where's my award??

Just joking. Liked your comment and came over to find out who you are. : )

And I was just girding my loins to do the sodding "tag" thing, so was very amused by your post!

Luka said...

Hello Amy! Thanks for visiting - and as for the award, be careful what you wish for - someone has to be my first recipient, and you seem lively and unique to me :)

Amy said...

Well, I was GOING to give you an award, but then I thought you couldn't give me one if I gave you one, so ix-nay on the ophy-tray. You'll just have to wait for the next round.

I've giggled more reading your blog than I have in a long time (no, I am not one of those giggling subbies tyvm). Thank you.

Anonymous Boxer said...

Oh, no, really, I couldn't accept! I like the color too!

Freddy said...

I'm glad I'm not worthy.

Freddy said...

just wet myself laughing when I saw I'm on your blogroll

Luka said...

Anonymous Boxer - no one accepts a LUKA, you just sort of have it thrust upon you.

Freddy - worthiness is for me to judge. See above. And yes, I am slowly adding my list of unfortunates I stalk to the sidebar. It pleases me.

Luka said...

Amy - you see, this is where the whole giving and receiving of virtual awards becomes a social networking nightmare. It is why I am trialling my award ambush technique, as I suspect it will be more fun and much more satisfying for me.

And I am glad visiting the Boudoir has left you with a smile on your face.

Ms Robinson said...

I am absolutely touched and feel very honoured Luka. It's my first award and it looks better than all the others.

Thank you

Ms Robinson said...

PS: I'm glad someone has broken the mould of mutual patting on the back, with no thought for good writing. This whole blogging thing is worse than an Old Etonians reunion at times.

Luka said...

Ms Robinson - you are most welcome. Your style and humour encapsulate all I had in mind when I wanted to create some sort of non-meme, non-clique style recognition for those who swim against the tide.