Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Friendship

Friends are more important than lovers. It is not impossible to combine the two, but it is a rare blend.

I treasure my friendships. They are more important to me, say more about who I am, than any material status symbol. I don't care about flash cars, desirable residences or exotic holidays. I care about having people I love in my life. People who know me well enough to forgive my failings and to applaud my small acts of bravery. People who make me feel good about who I am and who make me smile whenever I think of them.

Friendships are often stronger and more enduring than sexual relationships.

Some lovers can feel threatened by pre-existing friendships.

For those individuals time will always prove them right.

4 comments:

The Man With Secrets said...

The tricky part is the transition from sexual to friendship. Needs to be done properly, I've found.

Luka said...

Absolutely, though any transition, be it from sexual to friendship or from friendship to sexual, needs to be handled with care.

Curvaceous Dee said...

Excellent post - and a very good point, as it can be a very difficult transition in either direction. Communication from both sides can really help, though :)

xx Dee

Luka said...

Hello Curvaceous Dee! Yes, absolutely. Yet communication is where these things so often fall down. I recently had an experience of my own, where my olive branch was sent back as wood pulp.